Tofu is always one of the best and versatile ingredient found in the kitchen pantry. Since Tofu has very little flavor or smell on its own, you can use it to create all kinds of sweet and savory dishes range from starter, soup, main course and dessert or even in cake and pastry. Today we are going to prepare a less than 5 minutes dish using Tofu and Pork Mince with Bean Paste (肉酱) as the main ingredients.
1 Box of Silken Tofu (Any brand will do)
3 Tablespoon of Pork Mince Paste (肉酱)
1 Century Egg (皮蛋), cut into small cubes
1 Packet of Shimeji Mushroom
Some Spring Onion
1. Remove the tofu from the packaging and place it on a big serving plate and try to pad dry both side with some kitchen paper towel.
2. Cut the individual stalk off from the bunch of shimeji mushroom, and stir-fry for 30 seconds in a lightly-oiled saucepan.
3. Remove from saucepan and arrange on the side of the tofu.
4. Spread the pork mince paste on top of the tofu and scatter the century eggs all over it.
5. Before serving, reheat the tofu in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute high depending on the voltage of your microwave.
6. To serve, top with some chopped spring onion and chiili as garnish.