Serves 2 people
- 1 x 450g packet of thick fresh rice noodles (Kway Teow and Yellow Noodles)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable/peanut oil, to coat on noodles
- 3 red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 8 medium prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g bean sprouts
1. Boil the noodles for 1 minute. Then drain the water and transfer the noodles into a bowl. Add a little vegetable/peanut oil to the noodles and gently toss it and ensure the noodles are coated with the oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
2. Place the chilli in a mortar and gently pound them with a pestle until finely crushed.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat, add in the chilli and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds until they turn golden brown. Add the sliced chicken fillet in and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Add the prawns in and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the prawns curl and change colour.
4. Add the noodles, shallot, dark soy sauce and sweet soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until combined. Add the eggs to the noodles continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until egg is just set. Add bean sprouts and combine.
5. Read to serve.
- Don’t overcook the noodles before stir-frying – they should be tender but still firm to the bite. Any softer and they’ll break and lose its chewiness.
Here is a video: