March 18, 2011
Mains - Rice, Specialty
Serves 2-4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cold left over rice
- Chopped garlic
- Fish sauce/Light Soy Sauce
- White pepper
- Pinch of salt
Optional/Additional ingredients (Depending on individual preference and subject to availability):
- Spring onions
- Crab meat
- Heat some oil in the wok and fry the chopped garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the cooked rice and fry till rice becomes loose.
- Push the rice to one side of the wok, add in some oil, followed by the eggs. Scramble and fry the eggs briefly.
- Add in all the other ingredients
- When the ingredients are cooked, splash in fish sauce/light soy sauce, salt, pepper and some sprinkle some spring onions on top.
- Ready to serve.
Here is the tutorial in video:
March 11, 2011
Mains - Rice
“Mui Fan” is one of the most common dish found in Singapore Zhi-Cha” store.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
8-10 Medium Size Prawns
1 Large Fried Fish cake, cut into slices
4 Crabstick, cut into halves
1 Bunch of Choy Sum
1 Medium Rice Onion, cut into wedge
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Rice Bowl of Cooked Rice
100 ml Water
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch Solution
1. Wash, clean the prawns, remove the shell of the body (head retain), slit the back of the prawn and remove the vein.
2. Marinate prawns with some cornstarch, pepper and cooking wine. Set aside.
3. Trim and wash the choy sum and set aside to drain well.
4. Preheat the pan with 1/2 tablespoon of oil, saute the minced garlic and onion till fragrant, add in the marinated prawns.
5. Give it a quick stir for about 10 – 15 seconds, till it slightly changed colour, add in the choy sum and stir-fry for another 5 seconds.
6. Next add in the fish cake slices and crabstick, and give it another quick stir before add in the water.
7. When the water comes to boil again, crack in the eggs, gently give it a few stir to separate the egg then stir it the cornstarch water to thicken the sauce.
8. Off the heat, season it with some salt and pepper before spooning it on top of the rice.
9. Serve hot with some cut chilli in light soy sauce.