March 18, 2011
Serves 3-4 people
Preparation Time : 15 mins
1) Chicken Wings
3) A teaspoon of salt
4) Light Soya Sauce
6) Spring Onions (optional)
7) Cooking Oil
1) Wash the chicken wings and marinate them with light soya sauce and salt for about 7-10 mins. You can also put slices of ginger to enhance the taste.
2) Heat the cooking oil, then shallow fry the chicken wings until golden.
3) Add in the coke just enough to cover the chicken wings.
4) Keep stirring to prevent the chicken wings from burning until not much coke are left inside. (about 7 mins)
5) Stop the fire and wait for the chicken wings to cool down.
6) Garnish with spring onions. Ready to serve.
Here is the tutorial:
March 11, 2011
500g Chicken Pieces, cut into bite size
4-6 Cloves Of Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Tau Cheong Paste, 豆酱
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Black Vinegar,黑醋
1/2 – 1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Packet Of Sweet Peas,甜豆
1 Medium Potato, cut into small cubes
1 Small Carrot, cut into small cubes
1 Medium Tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 Cup Water
1. Wash and clean the peas then saute it in a pan with some oil, garlic and half the tomato wedges for 1 minutes, dish and set aside.
2. Cut, wash and drain the chicken pieces then set aside.
3. Preheat the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil then saute the garlic, tau cheong paste, sugar and black vinegar until fragrant then add in the chicken pieces.
4. Stir-fry the chicken for about 30 seconds then add in the potato, carrot and tomato.
5. Next add in some water, cover and simmer the chicken for about 5 minutes till the potato and carrot are tender.
6. Lastly thicken the sauce with some cornstarch water and serve.
I used 2 chicken drumsticks and 3 chicken wings.
You can use this recipe to cook pork ribs instead of chicken too.
March 11, 2011
Ingredients: (serves 2)
15 Medium Prawns, remove the middle part shells.
10 Curry Leaves, roughly shredded
2 Small Chillies, roughly chopped
2 Egg Yolks, lighten beaten
2 Tablespoons Pouring Cream/Evaporated Milk
1 Packet Instant Cereal Prawn Mix (You just need to buy those “Instant Cereal Prawn Mix” which contain the Cereal mixture and follow the instructions given and you’ll have your Homemade Cereal Prawn.)
1 Tablespoon Butter
1. Wash and deveined the prawns accordingly and set aside for later use.
2. Coat the prawns lightly with some cornflour before deep-frying to give it a crisp texture.
3. Preheat a pan and add in the butter, stir occasionally until butter melted then add in the curry leaves and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes then add in the chillies then followed by the eggs and cream mixture.
4. Give the egg mixture a quick stir until scramble egg texture then pour in the cereal mix and prawn and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until cereal becomes crispy.
March 11, 2011
Tofu is always one of the best and versatile ingredient found in the kitchen pantry. Since Tofu has very little flavor or smell on its own, you can use it to create all kinds of sweet and savory dishes range from starter, soup, main course and dessert or even in cake and pastry. Today we are going to prepare a less than 5 minutes dish using Tofu and Pork Mince with Bean Paste (肉酱) as the main ingredients.
1 Box of Silken Tofu (Any brand will do)
3 Tablespoon of Pork Mince Paste (肉酱)
1 Century Egg (皮蛋), cut into small cubes
1 Packet of Shimeji Mushroom
Some Spring Onion
1. Remove the tofu from the packaging and place it on a big serving plate and try to pad dry both side with some kitchen paper towel.
2. Cut the individual stalk off from the bunch of shimeji mushroom, and stir-fry for 30 seconds in a lightly-oiled saucepan.
3. Remove from saucepan and arrange on the side of the tofu.
4. Spread the pork mince paste on top of the tofu and scatter the century eggs all over it.
5. Before serving, reheat the tofu in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute high depending on the voltage of your microwave.
6. To serve, top with some chopped spring onion and chiili as garnish.